Friday, May 24, 2013

Books That Make Me Go....Ahhhh

Although it's been ages,  I really TRY to post a notable excerpt on Friday.  These gems that catch my eye deserve much more notoriety besides being written down on a little sticky note in the front of the novel.

This week my excerpt is from The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan:
With the words in Le Figaro, proving Emile Abadie's life was never in my hands, might Antoinette forgive my lie, my treachery?  Might I get my sister back, maybe only for a bit, snuggling close under the linens?  It was better than a sister forever lost.

pg. 271

***Please note that this is from an Advanced Reading Copy so the final printing may change.

I don't know why on earth I have been having such a hard time getting this book done.  I'm hoping I can say it is in my past by Saturday anyway.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I really want to read that one!