Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday-Aug. 21

Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

This week my teaser is from Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese:
She still cried some evenings, picturing her parents taking their chairs outdoors to wait for the sea breeze which, even on the hottest and stillest of days, blew in at dusk.  She left because gynecology, at least in Madras, remained a man's domain, and, even on the eve of independence, and she had no chance at all for a civil service appointment to the government teaching hospital.

Kindle location 1008 of 10758

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have had this book forever, and still have not read it! Your teaser reminded me, and I am going to start right away!

Great teaser, Jo-Jo!

Vicki said...

I've had this on my WL for a long time. Can't believe I still haven't read it!