Friday, July 6, 2012

Books That Make Me Go.....Ahhhh

So often when I am reading a book, I have to stop to write down a page number of a beautiful passage I just read.  So I decided once a week I am going to post a notable excerpt from either a book I am currently reading or have read in the past.  These gems that catch my eye deserve much more notoriety besides being written down on a little sticky note in the front of the novel.

I was sitting on my deck last week reading An American Family by Peter Lefcourt when the following excerpt overtook my emotional side:

And as Bobbie said that, she realized exactly what Elaine needed at that moment.  They'd come full circle, and now it was Bobbie's turn.  Stretching out beside her on the bed, Bobbie put her arms around her, and stayed there holding her big sister until she cried herself to sleep.
pg. 248

The simpleness and honesty in this little passage just reached out to me, and made me recall moments with my own sister.

If you have an excerpt you would like to share please feel free to leave it in the comment section below.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Letting someone cry in your arms that way is true love.

Marce said...

Jo Jo what a perfect emotional quote.

Anonymous said...

That is a simple and painfully truthful quote. Thanks for sharing. I've often thought of doing this too. I could have posted every day for a month on passages from Beloved!