Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another Year of Sweet Connections!

I know that most of you are aware of how much I love my book club!  As we are about to start our eight year together I can't help but get a little excited about the books that we have selected for our upcoming meetings.  Over the few years we have lost a couple of ladies, but then we have also gained a couple of new members.  All of the ladies that have been a part of our group including past, recent, and even new members are such an important part of my life and I'm so glad that they are a part of it!

Our schedule actually follows the school year so our first meeting after our summer break is tonight and I can't wait to sit down and talk about The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I know that most of the ladies loved this book as much as I did.  I just wanted to share with you our list of book club selections for the next year:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Angel Sister by Ann Gabhart
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
House Rules by Jodi Piccoult
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Night Road by Kristin Hannah

We usually read a Holiday themed book during the month of December and I think this year we will be reading A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg, but I don't know if that's official yet.  I haven't read anything by Flagg yet, so I sure hope we do.  I think we have a pretty good selection ahead of us so I can't really say that there is one in particular that I am looking forward to.  Whether we like the book or not we always have a good time together anyway!

If you are interested you can see a complete list of all of our past book club selections here.  So is there anything that you are looking forward to reading with your book club soon?

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

My book club is going to see The Help on Thursday night. It looks like you have a great list of books!