Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Theme Thursday-Aug. 30

I was very excited to see this meme that was started by Reading Between Pages that allows us to post about a different theme from the book that we are reading all week long.  Here is how it works:

  • theme will be posted each Thursday
  • Select a snippet with this weeks theme from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
This week the theme is about trees and I found this snippet while I was reading The Good Daughters by Joyce Maynard:
No danger of losing crops this time of year (with only the pumpkins left in the field, and not many of those), but there's the barn roof, and the shed, and a stand of hickory he loves, up along the strawberry fields.  Always the first to go in a storm, hickory.

pg. 4

My feelings about this book are becoming a bit conflicted as I am almost done with it now.  You will have to check back next Friday to hear my final thoughts about it.

No comments: